Original article can be read here; http://news.yahoo.com/photos/titanic-orphans-a-tale-of-survival-slideshow/titanic-orphans-photo-1332875325.html#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Ftitanic-orphans-a-tale-of-survival-slideshow%252Ftitanic-orphans-photo-1332875316.html
Brothers Michel Navratil, 4, and Edmond, 2, were placed onto one of the last lifeboats by their father before the disastrous sinking of the Titanic. Their father did not make it off the doomed vessel, making the two youngsters the only parent-less children aboard the ship. Referred to as ‘Louis and Lola’ in newspaper articles, their mother was eventually located and reunited with her children one month after the catastrophe.
- The Titanic Orphans: Brothers Michel and Edmond Navratil escaped on the sinking vessel’s last lifeboat (dailymail.co.uk)
- The Canine Casualties of the Titanic Disaster (newsfeed.time.com)
- Reporting the Titanic Disaster (therogersrevue.wordpress.com)
- Titanic, April 15, 1912 (horizonsofsignificance.wordpress.com)
- Photo: Iceberg That Sank The Titanic (newsfromthespiritworld.wordpress.com)